[Asterisk-Users] Need someone to write a console application for us.

brent clements bcasterisktechlist at gmail.com
Thu Aug 25 18:19:53 MST 2005

WARNING: This has been cross-posted in the Asterisk-BIZ mailing list.

Hello, we are looking for a unix programmer who can write the
following type of application that works with asterisk.

1. Operator Console.
When a call comes in on a did, the did should be looked up in a
database(against a list of did's assigned to companies) and the name
of the "called company" should be looked up. If a flag on the DID
entry in the database is to forward to the operator, then the name of
the called company is displayed on the operator console, ie
"FooCompany is being called on line xxx-xxx-xxxx". If not, the call
should be forwarded to the IVR/Context for the company.(the context
will be looked up in a database table as well).

The operator console should be able to answer, park, transfer and hang
up calls it recieves. Additional calls(up to 3 at a time) should be
able to be displayed and answered.

2. Asterisk will need to be configured to work with the above
application. We don't know the best way to do this. Probably some sort
of forwarding of the call to the "operator extension" and agi.

We have a small initial budget($800.00) which I know is very low for
something like this, but we would like to work with someone to do some
sort of payment or licensing plan for the application with eventual
buyout.

The program can be in any language, ncurses/c, perl-ncurses,
php-ncurses anything you like just as long as it works and is somewhat
fast.

I would write this myself, but I don't have the time since we are
nearing deployment of all of the actual infrastructure for our
showplace client.