[Asterisk-Users] Will Echo problems EVER be solved, I'm scared

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Thu Aug 25 17:01:15 MST 2005

> Ok, fxotune is a work in progress so to speak.  I fixed something in it about
> a week ago that may help it adjust to the line better (whereas before I'm not
> sure that it was at all).  Try the latest CVS-HEAD version of fxotune as your
> first step.  (oh, after you use fxotune you should turn off your gain settings
> in zapata.conf).

Matt,

When I run fxotune on a FC3 box, I get:
./fxotune -i 4

[root at phoenix zaptel]# ./fxotune -i 4
Tuning module 1................Failure!
Tuning module 2................Failure!
Tuning module 3................Failure!
Tuning module 4................Failure!
/dev/zap/5 absent: No such file or directory
/dev/zap/6 absent: No such file or directory
/dev/zap/7 absent: No such file or directory
/dev/a-bunch more...

Contents of /etc/fxotune.conf
1=4,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0
2=8,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0
3=8,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0
4=8,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0

That's with a TDM04B rev H card installed that's working, and * stopped.

What's need to make this work on FC3 with udev (no /dev/zap)?

Rich