[Asterisk-Users] Busy number signalling

Andres andres at telesip.net
Thu Aug 25 15:57:21 MST 2005

Eric Bishop wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>Our Asterisk box sends calls outbound via either SIP (through our VoIP
>provider) or an E1 PRI (directly connected via a TE410P). When we dial
>a number that is engaged via our VoIP provider we get the following on
>the Asterisk console (numbers and IP addresses changed to protect the
>innocent):
>
>   -- Called 12345678 at sip-outbound
>    -- Got SIP response 486 "Busy here" back from 123.123.123.123
>    -- SIP/sip-outbound-af71 is busy
>  == Everyone is busy/congested at this time
>
>This is what we want as it then send the call to priority n+101 and we
>can handle it any way we want from there. However if the outbound call
>is made via the PRI to an enaged number it simply plays an enaged
>signal to the caller and never progresses to priority n+101.
>
>Anyone have any suggestions?

You can try checking for the DIALSTATUS variable.  ON our PRIs we do
something like:
exten => _1XXXXXXXXXX,1,Dial(Zap/r1/${EXTEN:1})
exten => _1XXXXXXXXXX,2,GotoIf($["${DIALSTATUS}" = "NOANSWER"]?8)
exten => _1XXXXXXXXXX,3,GotoIf($["${DIALSTATUS}" = "BUSY"]?8:4)
exten => _1XXXXXXXXXX,4,Congestion
exten => _1XXXXXXXXXX,8,Busy(1)

But if your call is really getting answered then this won't work.