[Asterisk-Users] Dell 2850 anyone ...

Alan Bunch Alan.Bunch at udfc.com
Thu Aug 25 14:18:29 MST 2005

Can anyone comment or share experences with using Dell 2850's with Asterisk.

Proposed config is 2850, 2 x 3.6g procs, 2 g's of ram, 4 x 36g 15k rpm
drives raid 10,  Digium TE411P ( the echo cancelling cards ).

Expected load is 1 or 2 pri's (most likely 1 ) 100 Polycom phones on the
local network, 15 phone on a remote T1. 6 phone remote via the internet
using IAX,  Voicemail for 125 users.  As little transcoding as
possible.  G.729 licenses.

If Dell is not the answer how about sharing what works.  I do need a
natinal brand that I can take to managment.

Alan