[Asterisk-Users] Optipoint 600 Cant boot - development shell active

Anthony Cox anthony at apctech.net
Thu Aug 25 13:32:58 MST 2005

Not strictly a problem with Asterisk but one of my phones.  A couple of days
ago I decided to update the firmware in my Optipoint 600 Office which looked
as though it went swimmingly until that is, it rebooted.

Since then the phone just boots up and displays the following:
Can't Boot!!
Development shell active.

It doesn't try to request a DHCP address, in fact it does seem to do anything
on the network and the key pad does nothing.

Can anyone suggest a remedy?  Anyone know how to get the development shell to
do something?

Thanks in advance.
Anthony.