[Asterisk-Users] OT: Are you using a Lucent?

Matthew Boehm mboehm at cytelcom.com
Thu Aug 25 09:02:49 MST 2005

Is anyone out there using Lucent brand equipment to handle an incomming
DS3, converting all 672 calls to SIP (as G729) and sending those to
Asterisk/SER over ethernet?

If you are and are willing to speak to my boss about your experiences
(over the phone) with it, please contact me off list.

We have a possible contract with a local CLEC to handle their long
distance, and they want to send to us using DS3 and SS7.

I'm trying to convince my boss to use a $9K Lucent, but he wants to
spend much more by breaking out the DS3 into DS1's and stack up 6
asterisk boxes with 1 4-port card in each.

Again, if you are using Lucent and are willing to speak to my boss about
your experiences, please contact me off list so I can setup a call.

Thanks,
Matthew