[Asterisk-Users] Sipura spa-2000 / 3000: surge protection

Mark Phillips g7ltt at g7ltt.com
Thu Aug 25 08:31:51 MST 2005

You would? Why not just put then on a small UPS and have done with it?

The UK has some of the cleanest electricity in the world.

Unlike the US (what a big shock that was, moving here) where brown-outs
and over volts are common I've never needed to add protection devices to
the UK supply.

Mark

Peter Hoppe wrote:
> I am located in the UK, and I am using Sipura spa-2000 adapters to
> connect analog phones to a voip network. The network connects to the
> PSTN as well via the Sipura spa-3000 adapter.
>
> I would like to provide surge protection for the spa-2000 and the
> spa-3000 adapters.
>
> 1.    For spa-2000, fxs port: What is the maximum tip-to-ring voltage
> before damage to the the adapter occurs?
>
> 2.    For spa-2000, fxs port: What is the maximum voltage between both
> legs and ground before damage to the the adapter occurs? (I have looked
> inside an spa-2000 adapter and saw that the board has a ground plane
> integrated; the four screw holes seem to connect to that ground plane)
>
> 3.    For spa-2000, network port: Would I need any surge suppression?
> What would be a good way forward? I suspect all I need would be some
> clamping device on the TX/RX pairs that restricts the voltage?
>
> 4.    For spa-3000, fxo port: Again, maximum tip-to-ring voltage before
> damage.
>
> 5.    For spa-3000, fxo port: Maximum voltage between both legs and ground.
>
> Thank you very much for your consideration!
>

> Peter Hoppe

Mark, G7LTT/KC2ENI
Randolph, NJ
http://www.g7ltt.com