[Asterisk-Users] SIP Registration --Giving up forever after very short network outage.

Steve Gladden Asterisk at MichiganBroadband.com
Thu Aug 25 08:20:27 MST 2005

I updated 2 weeks ago and am due to update again...
So Yes I will update....

It seems that the giving up forever feature is by design,
As I had seen a post about it awhile back...
But I would rather not have asterisk give up (forever) if it can't
see a sip server.

I feel retries should certainly back off.... in fact back way off
like to once per some configurable time figure....
But not give up forever!

In a single (non-redundant) phone system one wants it to come back and
register back in unattended even if the Internet were down for
several hours. :-)

Actually I just needed the two settings that were mentioned
previously...

Not sure if the mentioned bug was of our concern, as my problem was
not just with the fact that it timed out fast, but the fact that it could
time out period and never try to re-register.

I also would like to know where I could have found documentation
of those two settings (registertimeout" or "registerattempts")
As I had not been able to find those on my own or in the wiki.

Thanks!

Steve

)