[Asterisk-Users] Will Echo problems EVER be solved, I'm scared

canuck15 canuck15 at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 24 22:05:50 MST 2005

Colin,

Your suggestions about identical hardware and BIOS revisions sound like good
advice.  If I ever get past this it is something I will definitely be
careful about.

Well I am starting to think that maybe it is my PC. I have a newer, faster
AMD system with PCI2.2 so I might give that one a shot.

You are using FXS modules with analog phones.  I am using SIP phones.  It is
my understanding that there is a LOT more delay when using SIP phones and of
course a lot of other things going on.

zttest yields 100% at least half the time and  99.987793% the rest of the
time.

Someone else suggested enabling MMX and CONFIG CALC XLAW in zconfig.h as
well as adding the following to the Zaptel Makefile:
KFLAGS+=-march=pentium3
CFLAGS+=-march=pentium3

I did all this, recompiled zaptel and rebooted but it didn't seem to make
any difference.