[Asterisk-Users] Channel ooh323c and DTMF with Call Manager

Dan Austin Dan_Austin at Phoenix.com
Wed Aug 24 17:01:36 MST 2005

I had a need to rebuild my testing Asterisk system and thought I would
see how
easy the new H.323 channel was to setup.

It turns out it is extremely easy, much nicer than dealing with pwlib
and open_h323.

The only issue I have found is that version 0.0.2, the most recent I can
find, only seems
to support rfc2833 for DTMF.  Cisco Call Manager does not seem to
support rfc2833
on their H.323 trunks, so while the new channel was easier to setup, I
cannot get much
use out of it.

Of course I may be missing something.  Has anyone tested the new channel
with
Cisco Call Manager?

Thanks,
Dan