[Asterisk-Users] Re: Asterisk and MWI

Joe McConnaughey kenn10 at comcast.net
Wed Aug 24 13:43:29 MST 2005

MessageMelissa -

I added the "fromuser=AnyName" to my sip.conf file stations and that, in fact, corrected the problem.  The MWI now works flawlessly.

I would recommend that Aastra/Sayson pursue this with the Asterisk team so that it is listed as a known issue or to have Asterisk patched to fix it.  I will submit a bug on it as well.  I'm copying the Users Mailing List on this.

For your records, I'm running Asterisk HEAD as of 08/22/2005.  This is the very latest version of Asterisk from the CVS repository.

Please thank everyone for their hard work and fact finding.  I think you have tremendous customer support!  It only took a couple of days to track and correct this issue.  I'm extremely pleased with your phones and your support!

Joe McConnaughey