[Asterisk-Users] Re: [Serusers] SER IP PBX for multiple clients

Waldo Rubinstein waldo at trianet.net
Wed Aug 24 08:28:16 MST 2005

lqbal,

I do plan on having alot of users. Two markets I'm trying to get some
volume users from are: residential consumers and business users.
Residential consumers should get basic line services such as their
own DID, voicemail, caller-id, call-waiting, three-way calling, and
basically, all the standard features you get from companies like
Vonage, etc. This particular market base will have a higher volume
than business users.

Business users will get everything residential consumers get, plus
additional features. Features such as, automated attendant, extension-
to-extension calling, company directories, etc.

I guess I would need to have SER and Asterisk work in tandem. Now,
what should be the correct approach in assigning responsibilities to
both SER and Asterisk respectively? Should SER be used strictly as
proxy to Asterisk, may be also registrar, and NAT helper, and then
have Asterisk handle all the calling plans, features, enhanced
services and SER will simply forward everything to Asterisk? Can you
or someone advise as to what would be the more robust/scaleable
architecture to deploy this? Needless to say, it is imperative that I
get proper CDR from either one or both systems in order for me to
properly bill our users. I don't know which of the two platforms has
a more robust/customizable call logging facility.

I took the liberty of cross-posting to the Asterisk list in order to
get some of their feedback as well.

Thanks,
Waldo