[Asterisk-Users] RealTime ignoringswitch=>Realtime/context@realti me_ext

John Novack jnovack at stromberg-carlson.org
Wed Aug 24 08:16:14 MST 2005

Matthew Boehm wrote:

> John Novack wrote:
>
>> I also experienced some difficulty in connecting to mysql, though for
>> CDR, using HEAD from 2/24/05 and finally discovered that the
>> CDR_mysql.conf wanted the host NAME in hostname, while res_mysql.conf
>> wanted the IP address. Both Asterisk and mysql on the same machine,
>> running RH9
>

>     Both modules should be able to use either hostname, IP, or local
> socket. They both use the same mysql API code to connect to the server.

Should perhaps, but they DON'T!

>     If mysql and asterisk are on the same machine, why aren't you
> using sockets?

Simply following the examples set forth in the slim, often inaccurate
documentation, and the often out of date Wiki

Why  isn't there a good example of that on the Wiki or in the docs?
If you understand how to do that, then TEACH others!

You must remember that to many of us, Linux is simply a necessary evil
and a means to an end
MANY in the real world don't live and breath  Linux, don't want to, and
don't know what you do
Your manner of questioning and responses don't serve to change that either.

John Novack