[Asterisk-Users] RealTime ignoringswitch=>Realtime/context@realti me_ext

Matthew Boehm mboehm at cytelcom.com
Wed Aug 24 08:03:00 MST 2005

Araba, Michael wrote:
> I am using the current HEAD of asterisk and for asterisk-addons. I have
> been trying to setup realtime mysql voicemail but no sucess. I keep
> getting this error below. The necessary modules are loaded,
> res_config_mysql.so ...

	There is no point to repeating what you just posted.

> res_mysql.conf settings
> [general]
> dbhost = localhost
> dbname = RealTimeMaster
> dbuser = xxxxxxx
> dbpass = xxxxxxx
> dbport = 3306
> dbsock = /tmp/mysql.sock

	Does /tmp/mysql.sock exist? I don't think it does since the error you
get tells you this. Where is your mysql socket? Is mysql even running on
this machine?

> extcconf.conf

	This file looks correct. Make sure the name of the file is correct:
extconfig.conf

> Aug 24 00:56:50 DEBUG[963]: res_config_mysql.c:597 mysql_reconnect:
> MySQL RealTime: Cannot Connect: Can't connect to local MySQL server
> through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (2)

	This error is quite self-explanatory.

-Matthew