[Asterisk-Users] Connection TDM400P to UK PSTN

John Novack jnovack at stromberg-carlson.org
Wed Aug 24 08:03:19 MST 2005

The jacks on the TDM are ( incorrectly ) referred to as RJ45, correctly
they are 8 position modular.
The line, either in or out is on the two CENTER pins. NONE of the other
6 pins are used.
Though I am not in the UK, from what I know you don't use the two center
pins for a single line connection, so you will need to fashion some sort
of adapter to connect. Frankly, using the two center pins ( A Bell
System brain blizzard) wasn't the smartest idea. It makes the modular
plug into, with the addition of just a little moisture, a really good
spark gap when a ring signal or small induction of lightning is applied.
I have seen many a modular plug turned black and useless  since the
introduction of modular in the US in the early 70's

Good luck

John Novack