[Asterisk-Users] DTMF not working

Rob Tarte rtarte at pacificcodeworks.com
Wed Aug 24 07:46:01 MST 2005

I had a similar problem that seems to be caused by the DTMF tone lengths
being to short.  Try this:

Asterisk generates DTMF tones in  do_senddigit() in the file channel.c.
The tones are defined in a const char array called dtmf_tones[].  Each
DTMF tone is a string that looks something like:

"!941+1336/100,!0/100", /* 0 */

The part that reads !941+1336/100 is the part that you want.  Change the
"100" to something bigger and recompile.  You will have to do that for
every tone.   I'm using 400 right now, and it seems to be working.

I hope that helps.

Rob