[Asterisk-Users] call parking timeout

Eric Wieling aka ManxPower eric at fnords.org
Wed Aug 24 07:04:53 MST 2005

Brian May wrote:
> Hello,
>
> If a parked call times out, it will ring the original extension again.
>
> If this fails for any reason (e.g. the extension is busy), then the
> caller receives silence until the timeout time, and then gets the busy
> signal and is disconnected.
>
> I consider disconnecting callers like this very unprofessional, and
> could happen for instance if you receive a new call when you just parked
> the previous call (especially if you have caller-waiting disabled).
>
> Is there any solution to this?
>
> Ideally I would like it to park the call again, either if no answer
> within X seconds or if the extension is busy.
>
> An alternative would be to forward the call to another extension and/or
> voice mail.

You looked at the features.conf.sample file?

--
Eric Wieling * BTEL Consulting * 504-210-3699 x2120

r: Generate a ringing tone for the calling party, passing no audio from
the called channel(s) until one answers. Use with care and don't insert
this by default into all your dial statements as you are killing call
progress information for the user. Really, you almost certainly do not
want to use this. Asterisk will generate ring tones automatically where
it is appropriate to do so. "r" makes it go the next step and
additionally generate ring tones where it is probably not appropriate to
do so.