[Asterisk-Users] Voiceblue and slow dialling

Raph Even-Chaim raphec at adairs.com.au
Tue Aug 23 16:32:00 MST 2005

Hi,

I have recently started a job as a system administrator, and as part of my responsibilities I have to look after an asterisk system. Quite impressed with it, but have one or two niggling issues. One of the last things my predecessor here did, was install a VoiceBlue mobile gateway unit, and though it seems to work ok, nearl 20 seconds pass from dialling a number to the call connecting, which is entirely too long. The supplier of the voiceblue, reckons it shouldn’t take any longer than 5 seconds.
Watching the calls go through, it seems that the longest bit of time is the Asterisk handover to the gateway, so I am wondering if anyone out there can help me sort this out.

The setting in the extensions.conf is as follows (set to route 80% of our mobile calls through the voiceblue, and 20% through our other mobile gateway)

-----
[macro-mobrdial]
include => local
exten => s,1,AbsoluteTimeout,3600
exten => s,2,Random(80:5)
exten => s,3,Dial(IAX2/mobgwy/${ARG1})
exten => s,4,Dial(Zap/g2/${ARG1})
exten => s,5,Background(extension)
exten => s,6,Dial(SIP/${ARG1}@192.168.1.211,,)
exten => s,7,Dial(Zap/g2/${ARG1})
exten => s,8,Hangup
exten => s,105,Hangup
exten => s,107,Hangup

thanks
Raph Even-Chaim

CAUTION: This email message and accompanying data may contain information that is confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that any use, dissemination, distribution or copying of this message or data is prohibited. If you have received this email message in error, please notify us immediately and erase all copies of this message and attachments. Thank you.