[Asterisk-Users] OH323 with Asterisk@home - seems incomplete

Abdel Rahman Tarzi artarzi at batelco.com.bh
Tue Aug 23 13:46:32 MST 2005

I installed oh323 and everything seemed to go smoothly (compile & everything
upto calling through using oh323).

I must admit, there is some behavior that's doesn't seem right but
generally, I'm able to dial-out of any oh323 device whether to an extension
or to a trunk. Audio is sometimes muted when dialing out until the extension
or dialed number answers. Sound quality is good when it's there.

Following the install, I do not seem to have the option to create an oh323
extension or trunk. Something that I need to do.

I realize it's possible to edit the .conf but I needed to ask whether this
was "normal" - doesn't seem like it is to me.

Naturally, I'm apprehensive that editing the .conf files manually may be
overwritten by AMP, but even if not, it would seem like it should've been
the norm to have "added" an entry like oh323 to SIP, IAX2 etcetera types of
trunks. Also, extension types (which work from a drop-down list) should have
been modified.

I would appreciate if someone familiar with the application could inform
whether this is "normal" before I attempt to add extensions and trunks
manually.