[Asterisk-Users] looking for failover ideas

Garth van Sittert garth at bitco.co.za
Tue Aug 23 10:57:32 MST 2005

I have had an idea of using two identical servers:  Server A with IP
x.x.x.a and server B with IP x.x.x.b.  Server A is live while server B
sits in the background monitoring server A.  Server B rsync's asterisk
config files daily with server A.
In the event of server A going down, server B changes it's IP to
x.x.x.a.  The calls will obviously drop, but should register with server B.

Comments???