[Asterisk-Users] Small office setup/using analog lines w/ Asterisk

Time Bandit timebandit001 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 23 06:22:43 MST 2005

> The main regret I have about hardware RAID is that the card is sharing
> an IRQ with one of the Digium cards. This whole IRQ thing is driving me
> crazy ... I disabled everything I could in BIOS and that freed up some
> IRQs, but there's no way to assign a particular IRQ to a particular
> device. I haven't had to think about IRQs in a long time, and it's very
> frustrating. I'd still like to hear about hardware suggestions that
> could avoid this or make this better in the future. Like, are there
> motherboards that let you assign IRQ to devices?
I've used Intel server board and they let you assign a particular IRQ
to a PCI slot, so I think those board would be better suited for this
task.

To correct your problem, just move your Digium card to another PCI
slot and check what IRQ the BIOS assign to it. Make shure that the
card is alone on that IRQ.

I would also strongly suggest that you put the network card on is own
IRQ, since this is the most busy card in the system.

> Since I get echo and popping noises even when I'm dialing from one
> extension to another (no Digium card involved), I'm guessing that the
> problem is at least partly the telephones. Of course, the sound quality
> is better in other ways (e.g. both sides of the line are clearer), so
> maybe there are some problems with the Digium cards, too.
Like somebody said on this thread earlyer, update your phones to the
latest firmware. That alone could fix a lot of problems you have.

hth