[Asterisk-Users] Unable to create channel of type 'Zap'

dbruce dbruce at bananatel.com
Tue Aug 23 04:41:20 MST 2005

First off... go through your zapata.conf and zaptel.conf files and actually
set your configuration for your specific hardware and desired results.

The obvious is that you are using E1 signalling (set in zaptel.conf), but in
zapata.conf you specify switchtype=national. This probably not work because
national ISDN is a T1 protocol, and is usually not provisioned on E1
circuits unless your provider is using some really strange combination of
equipment.

On an E1 circuit, you should have switchtype=euroisdn.

Try this change and see if it resolves your problem. Also increase your
debugging ( use 'pri debug span 1' or 'pri intense debug span 1') to see
what messages are being passed between your system and the provider.

Regards,
Derek