[Asterisk-Users] Small office setup/using analog lines w/ Ast erisk

Colin Anderson ColinA at landmarkmasterbuilder.com
Tue Aug 23 00:01:21 MST 2005

	>This smells of the "You never get fired for buying IBM (replace
with Cisco, etc)" quote.  Sure you can take the small gamble >that a "tier
1" platform will meet your needs, however, nothing beats a full battery of
tests including burn in, capacity and >failure mode tests.  If you don't
know how your system is going to fail and when it will fail, then how are
you going to monitor >it?

Which is why I noted that *I* was the weak link in the chain. It's all about
eliminating the unknown. 80% prep, 20% implementation, and then you have a
fighting chance. Other way around, throwing random hardware at it and not
prepping and beating the hell out of the box before you go live,  you are
toast.

I'm sure there are users out there running Opteron on white box hdw just
fine. They either know exactly what they are doing or they got lucky. In the
case of former, find out what they did or hire them. In the case of latter,
run. Quickly.