[Asterisk-Users] Small office setup/using analog lines w/ Asterisk

jennyw jennyw at dangerousideas.com
Mon Aug 22 23:23:18 MST 2005

dbruce wrote:

>The solution to the IRQ issue is IO-APIC.
>
>Recompile your kernel with IO-APIC support (most new motherboards support
>IO-APIC)... If your board supports it, It WILL solve all your IRQ issues...
>If your board does not support it then it will make no difference.

I've never heard about IO-APIC before, so I just did a Google search.
The articles I found say that it's an Intel thing, and, since I have an
AMD processor w/ ASUS motherboard, it's unlikely it'll work, right?
Even so, it sounds interesting. But does it apply to single-processor
systems, even if they're using they're using Intel processors and Intel
chipsets? The articles say this is for SMP systems ...