[Asterisk-Users] Fxotune failure.information and help needed ( fxotune -i )

Ken Dresdell kdresdell at globetrotter.net
Mon Aug 22 10:58:51 MST 2005

I'm trying to use the fxotune tool and I always have this error message:

Tuning module 1................Failure!
Tuning module 2................Failure!

The first thing I would need to know is what is the meaning of the "-i"
option. The tiki said that it is the number to break the dial tone, but
what is the meaning of "break the dial tone" ? Here in Canada, any
number breaks the dial tone for 4 seconds and after that we have a
message telling us to please hang up and dial again.

Maybe it is something else that I don't understand in this procedure,
here is what I am doing:

1.	Plug the POTS lines in my fxo tdm card ( tdm04b from digium )
2.	Stop Asterisk
3.	make sure that the zaptel and wctdm are modeprobed
4.	cd /usr/src/zaptel
5.	./fxotune -I  4

I have also tried to use the test line number(from my telco) with the
fxotune -i but  I get the same result.

When I'm not plugin a POST line in the fxo module I don't have any error
but I don't have any adjustment for that module in the /etc/fxotune.conf
(4=0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0) so I am not advanced either.

How can I troubleshoot this fxotune ?

Any suggestions / comments?

Thanks for your help
Regards