[Asterisk-Users] Stange behavior with g729 and DTMF

Administrator TOOTAI admin at tootai.net
Mon Aug 22 10:29:52 MST 2005

Hi all,

I have a SPA 1001 with DTMF set to auto. A sip.conf peer with codec
alaw, ulaw, g729. I have dtmf=inband as this peer was only supporting
alaw/ulaw. They just add g729, it's a GW to landline phones.

A call passing through this peer give me "WARNING Inband not supported
with g729, use RFC2833 instead". The call is connecting and DTMF is working.

Now I'm coming back to my sip.conf and put rfc2833, even remove the dtmf
command: message disappear, the call goes connected but .... dtmf stop
to work!

CVS version 2005-08-19

If someone could explain whats happend, would be great.

--
Daniel