[Asterisk-Users] Problem with Hangups

Don Brearley donbrearley at hibbing.edu
Mon Aug 22 09:09:45 MST 2005

Hello,

I am having an issue with hangups being handled within Asterisk.  Right now, when an inbound call hits
the Asterisk box, Asterisk picks up the call just fine.

When the caller enters an extension to call, the Asterisk dials out on Zap/3 and rings the extension with
no problem.   If the extension is answered, there is no problem.

If the caller hang's up before the phone is answered, by either a person, or by voicemail, the hangup
is not detected, and the call continues as though the caller was still on the line.   It will continue to ring
the extension until voicemail is picked up, and then is finally hungup after all of the timeouts.  If I dont
have the extension setup to forward to the voicemail, it will just ring forever unless I force the hangup.

I am using kewlstart signalling, and have busydetect=yes in my zapata.conf file.

I am in the USA, and my indications.conf file seems to be in order.

I am running Asterisk 1.0.9 with the zaptel-freebsd 0.10 ZapTel driver.

Thank you for any insight into this issue!

- Don Brearley
  HCC Computer Services