[Asterisk-Users] SIP message 183 and in band info

Tomáš Komárek tomas.komarek at col.cz
Mon Aug 22 02:25:57 MST 2005

At first, thanks for an answer.

Well the problem starts at the side of a cell phone operator. In the IAM
  this operator sends ALERTING, eventhough the cell phone is switched
off. It means, that the gateway sends to the asterisk 180 with SDP and
also with the RTP stream, that contains the operator's announcement:
"the phone is not available at the moment". Asterisk receives this 180
message and cuts off the SDP part and sends to the extension the 180
without SDP. And also the outgoing RTP stream contains ringing, that
Asterisk generates.

So, my question is: Is it possible to sent 180 with SDP part? I've
changed a little bit a source code, so Asterisk sends such message.

Is there any way, how to force Asterisk to send the RTP stream, that it
receives?

Because if it receives 183 Session Progress, the outgoing RTP stream is
the same as the incomming.

Thanks for an answer

Tomas