[Asterisk-Users] How to start ztmonitor in 'quantitative' mode ?

canuck15 canuck15 at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 22 00:03:27 MST 2005

To start ztmonitor in quantitative mode you do the following.

Assuming you are running Asterisk V1.0.9 you need to edit one line to
ztmonitor.c in /usr/src/zaptel as per patch 2783

http://bugs.digium.com/bug_view_page.php?bug_id=0002783

Change line 261
fprintf(stderr, "Usage: ztmonitor <channel num> [-v] [-f FILE]\n");

fprintf(stderr, "Usage: ztmonitor <channel num> [-v | -f FILE]\n");

Now run ztmonitor in verbose mode
/ztmonitor 1 -vv

Note: verbose mode is 2 v's not a "w"

Now you will see the RX and TX numbers on the right hand side.  If you are
doing the 1004 Hz 0db test to set your levels.  Try get a value around 14500
which means the RX graphical display is at maximum NOT midway!  I could not
find these details anywhere so that is why I am posting this here.