[Asterisk-Users] Suggestions

Joshua Abbott jabbott at successfulhosting.com
Sun Aug 21 20:46:26 MST 2005

Please price me on this. I need a service provider that does this.
Like the guy that mentioned collocation. Could this be done and for
how much?

Joshua

1) What type of phones do you plan to use (analog, SIP, Skinny,
H.323, MGCP)?
SIP

2) How many phones will you operate?
3 Phones

3) How many external lines do you have, and of which type (analog,
BRI, PRI, T1, VoIP)?
1 Analog
Cable -- VOIP

4) How many concurrent internal/external calls do you expect (example:
30%)? Consult the Erlang tables (see links below) if in doubt.
40%+

5) What codecs will be employed, and will you need to do a lot of
transcoding? Tip: Enter SHOW TRANSLATION at the CLI.
SUGGEST - NEED TO RECORD ALL INCOMING/OUTGOING CALLS AND HAVE VM

6) What features shall the system provide (echo cancellation,
voicemail, conferencing queues & call center, recording, fax, voice
menu, text-to-speech, speech recognition)?
Automatic Call Delivery
Echo Cancellation
Voicemail
Fax to Email
Conferencing Queues
Call Center
Recording of incoming, outgoing
FAX
Voice Menus
Text-to-speech
Speech Recognition
Password Protection before outgoing call
Call Forwarding
Call Blocking
Call Parking
Call Transfer
Caller ID
Caller ID Block
Privacy Manager
Music On Hold
Calling Card Setup
6 Second Billing
Wake-up Call
Scheduler (On-line Calendar)
Do Not Disturb
Page/Intercom
Distinctive Rings
International Dialing
911 Service

7) How reliable/scalable must your system be?
Must be vary realiable (POSED 2 Servers, 1 backup)

8) How many Asterisk boxes do you plan to put in place?
See #7

9) What does your IP network look like (speed, QoS support, VLAN,
Power-over-Ethernet)?
1.544Mbps - 2.000Mbps
I would like to setup QoS Support

Other Notes:
Vonage (Or some other easier VOIP provider in Missouri)
GossipTel
FWD
IPTel
IConnect
SIPPhone
Freenumber
IPStar.us
V911.us
CallVantage
myvoipline
PLUS MUCH MORE (If you could come up with a one stop solution for the
above providers that would be great)