[Asterisk-Users] Voice Problem ...asterisk on lan not woriking well...!!

Mark Phillips g7ltt at g7ltt.com
Sun Aug 21 17:23:10 MST 2005

Does your linksys support traffic shaping in any way? If so you should
mark your VoIP data as a high priority.

Alternatively, use a slimer codec like G729. I'm not sure what the
Polycom supports but It'll probably do 729. You'll have to buy some
licences for your * box too.

Mark

Ing. Marlo R. Beltran G wrote:
> Hi
>

>  i just implemented asterisk and is such a grate solution...i am using
>
>  polycom 301 and 501 phones....on lan a iam using g.711 and i have a
>
>  16 port linksys switch...
>

>  the problem come when somebody inside the network is making  a call to
>
>  other extension (in the same network) and is sending an e
>
>  mail through  internet the quality goes down...it hears rally bad...
>

>  i am on a 10/100 network with cat5e on wire, and switches...what can
>
>  i do to have an excelent voice quality inside my network???
>

>  The e mail doesn't go trough the asterisk computer.
>

> Marlo

Mark, G7LTT/KC2ENI
Randolph, NJ
http://www.g7ltt.com