[Asterisk-Users] TDM11B modprobe wcfxs fails

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Sun Aug 21 11:15:04 MST 2005

http://www.asteriskdocs.org/modules/tinycontent/content/docbook/current_v1/docs-html/book1.html
.

> I'm using the Asterisk/Zaptel software that's on the CD that
> came with the TDM11B.  It has version 1.0.7.
>
> The zaptel driver loads fine.  The problem I'm having is
> with the wcfxs driver.
>
>   matsuri:~# modprobe zaptel
>   matsuri:~# modprobe wcfxs
>   /lib/modules/2.4.27/misc/wcfxs.o: init_module: No such device
>   Hint: insmod errors can be caused by incorrect module parameters, including invalid IO or
IRQ parameters.
>         You may find more information in syslog or the output from dmesg
>   /lib/modules/2.4.27/misc/wcfxs.o: insmod /lib/modules/2.4.27/misc/wcfxs.o failed
>   /lib/modules/2.4.27/zaptel/wcfxs.o: init_module: No such device
>   Hint: insmod errors can be caused by incorrect module parameters, including invalid IO or
IRQ parameters.
>         You may find more information in syslog or the output from dmesg
>   /lib/modules/2.4.27/zaptel/wcfxs.o: insmod /lib/modules/2.4.27/zaptel/wcfxs.o failed
>   /lib/modules/2.4.27/zaptel/wcfxs.o: insmod wcfxs failed
>   matsuri:~#
>
> I've tried all the PCI slots (4 of them).  I get the same
> error.
>
> The power cable is connected to the card.  I've verified
> that there is power to the cable and also tried different
> power cable.
>
> The kernel used above is built by myself and it's not the
> default kernel.  (The default kernel that gets installed by
> the Debian Installer couldn't even load the zaptel driver -
> I get lots of missing references.)

Two possible issues....

1. The TDM card has several different revisions (rev e through h,
I believe). If you have one of the later revisions, you may need
zaptel software later then stable v1.07.

2. I think the driver you want is wctdm (not wcfxs). I don't use
the fxs modules, but the fxo modules use wctdm. Seems to me there
was a change some time ago where the fxs modules are now supported
from with wctdm. I'm not 100% sure though.

Also after doing a modprobe zaptel, do a lsmod to see what "is"
loaded. Your likely to find all the appropriate drivers were loaded
and you don't need to modprobe anything else. Look for something
like this:
 wctdm                  33728  4
 wcfxo                  13088  0
 zaptel                209028  19 wcusb,wctdm,wcfxo,wcte11xp,wct1xxp,wct4xxp,tor2
in the listing.