[Asterisk-Users] Small office setup/using analog lines w/ Asterisk

Ariel Batista arielb27 at hotmail.com
Sun Aug 21 06:24:51 MST 2005

Jennyw,

I have setup about 8 Asterisk systems with The TDM400p boards in them. Yes
allot of them had at the beginning some echo and other things. But I have
been able to work and get them fixed.

1) Make sure your motherboard is able to assign it's own IRQ for the board.
This is one of the most important things.
2) There is a tool on the system that lets you set the txgain and rxgain.
It's called ztmonitor which you can use to see how the volume is setup then
you can make some adjustments.
3) It's important to make sure your system has good network card. I have had
some problems with Realtech with echo.
4) You also need to make sure you have the phones on connect to a switch.
5) Asterisk system does save allot of money in the long run.  I am sorry
that the person you got was not able to help. But I know that the TDM400p
boards have there well critic's but they do work.
6) For us to give you more help we are going to need to know more about you
system. What is the server your using? What phones? How is your network
setup?  If you want you can email me directly. I will try to help you out
with your setup.

Ariel Batista