[Asterisk-Users] 1.0.9 - can't get link up, 1.0.7 works fine.

Edwin Groothuis edwin at mavetju.org
Sat Aug 20 19:07:18 MST 2005

Last tuesday I moved the asterisk server from 1.0.7 to 1.0.9, while
leaving the zaptel drivers at 1.0.7 because it was a "lunchtime"
update. This is a box with two TE405Ps in it, and all eight ports
in use.

Today I unloaded the 1.0.7 drivers and replaced them with 1.0.9 and
oh boy... two of the 8 PRIs didn't want to come back, I got a million
of FCS errors over the console and I got three new messages in
/var/log/messages:

Aug 21 11:32:16 Found a Wildcard: Wildcard TE410P/TE405P (1st Gen)
[...]
Aug 21 11:32:16 VPM: Not Present
[...]
Aug 21 11:35:11 HDLC Receiver overrun on channel TE4/1/3/16 (master=TE4/1/3/16)
[repeated several million times]

The PRIs didn't come back, pri show span showed them as Provisioned,
Down, Active:

PRI[3]: expected Status: Provisioned, Up, Active, got Status: Provisioned, Down,
 Active.
PRI[7]: expected Status: Provisioned, Up, Active, got Status: Provisioned, Down, Active.

I rebooted the box afterwards (just to get rid of gremlins), I
rebooted the box on PRI 3 (PRI 7 is connected to the telco so no
rebooting there) and it stayed the same.

Unloading the drivers and going back to the 1.0.7 drivers with the
1.0.9 asterisk resolved everything and now it's working again.

Who has suggestions for me on what to do?

Edwin

--
Edwin Groothuis      |            Personal website: http://www.mavetju.org
edwin at mavetju.org    |          Weblog: http://weblog.barnet.com.au/edwin/