[Asterisk-Users] 1 server vs. 2 server config

Paul Harris paul at skycomtech.com
Sat Aug 20 17:11:12 MST 2005

We are looking at moving more of our business to distant locations.  I'm
looking at two different network configurations and would like some thoughts
or comments.

Scenario 1:

-We take our existing T1 route it without any conversion etc. trans-Atlantic
to remote site via carrier Y

-at remote site, we plug in an E1 to our asterisk server and run g7.29a or
GSM internally

Scenario 2:

-We take our existing T1 route it with compression trans-Atlantic to remote
site via carrier Y

-Carrier Y un-compresses E1

-at remote site, we plug in an E1 to our asterisk server and run g7.29a or
GSM internally

Scenario 3:

-We take our existing T1, terminate it in the States

-Route voice traffic to remote site via carrier Y's data network and IAX

-at remote site, we take IAX and convert to g7.29a or GSM

I like #3 because it puts more control here, but I'm guessing it would also
add the greatest amount of latency and we'd have a larger hardware cost.

Thanks!

-Paul