[Asterisk-Users] Installing to a prefix.

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir at cohens.org.il
Sat Aug 20 15:31:28 MST 2005

On Sat, Aug 20, 2005 at 02:57:50AM +0100, Kevin Walsh wrote:
> Andrew Kohlsmith [akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com] wrote:
> > On Friday 19 August 2005 21:27, Kevin Walsh wrote:
> > > I'll send the modified Makefiles to anyone who needs them.
> > >
> > May I humbly request they be attached to a feature request on Mantis?
> >
> I've been less than humbly requested not to do that sort of thing any
> longer, as I haven't signed a "disclaimer".  Sorry about that.
>
> The Asterisk change is trivial;  Just set the INSTALL_PREFIX variable
> in the Makefile and then modify asterisk.conf and possibly musiconhold.conf.
> The Zaptel Makefile changes are a bit more involved.  The diff file is
> 148 lines long.  I've never had cause to look at libpri.

INSTALL_PREFIX/DESTDIR is not instended for that. It is intended for
installing asterisk to a different prefix than the one you build it to.
It is commonly used for building installation packages (e.g: for rpms or
debs).

It should break if you have any hard-wired path that is set according to
INSTALL_PREFIX.

However PREFIX is originally intended for a "package-per-directory"
pathers, right?