[Asterisk-Users] ViaTalk Down?

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Sat Aug 20 12:25:24 MST 2005

Sherwood McGowan wrote:

> Anyone have a quickie answer as to why asterisk would suddenly just stop
> responding? I was able to issue the restart command but I couldn't do sip
> show peer <num> and couldn't show channels, etc.... This is very
> disconcerting

Your SIP channel driver was deadlocked. This can happen for a number of
reasons, but all of them are bad, and need to be fixed.

Depending on the Asterisk version you are running, there may be some
known situations under which they can occur; as best we can tell, there
are none left in CVS HEAD related to chan_sip.