[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk transcoding /Routing

cgtel2002 at yahoo.fr cgtel2002 at yahoo.fr
Sat Aug 20 14:33:19 MST 2005

Hello,

Asterisk is said to handle call routing and codec translation.
I would like to force transcoding function with asterisk but when I try to force transcoding I get the errors:
codec not compatible or
WARNING[4425]: app_dial.c:1024 dial_exec: Had to drop call because I couldn't make SIP/xxx compatible with SIP/yyy
How exactly works asterisk, in order to transcoding?

If you have any suggestions, hints, work around tricks I would appreciate them much
Thanks in advance.
George