[Asterisk-Users] any ISDN/PRI signaling experts out there?

Matt Fredrickson creslin at digium.com
Fri Aug 19 21:55:49 MST 2005

On Fri, Aug 19, 2005 at 07:01:00AM -0600, Damon Estep wrote:
> On the same setup, if I connect another PRI device to it that emulates
> switch side signaling and includes the CNAM as a Display IE in the
> setup, the SIP invite is properly formatted and * receives the calling
> party name.
>
> Does anyone here have enough experience with ISDN PRI signaling to
> comment with some level of authority on this?

Asteris/libpri can process and handle either style of caller name delivery
(GR-1367 and Display IE).  If they do now send the name information in the
SETUP message you may have to do a delay in your dialplan before you access
that information.  You'd have to hook your Asterisk machine directly up
to the 5E for that to work though.

--
Matthew Fredrickson