[Asterisk-Users] Overriding Caller ID

Michael D Schelin mike at shelcomm.com
Fri Aug 19 16:08:56 MST 2005

PRI is one of many signaling formats available on a T1 circuit. T1 and
PRI are not the same thing.  Have your carrier change the signaling
format of your T1 to PRI. PRI is 23 B Channels and 1 D Channel
(Signaling) and is an end office protocol. It has many of the features
of  a full blown SS7 network.

Waldo Rubinstein wrote:

> Derek/Jeremy/Kevin,
>
> Thank you all for your comments. I suspected the issue would be the
> fact that we don't have a PRI but a T1. However, I decided to post
> the question to the list simply because I would assume that because
> the carrier is looking at our circuit configuration when answering my
> questions, they should know we don't have a PRI and they should have
> told us that we need PRI or it won't work.
>
> To address your previous post, we are setting it to a caller id of a
> number assigned to us.
>
> I'm just confused simply because of the fact that the carrier never
> caught or mentioned that we don't have a PRI and I spoke with 4 of
> their engineers and 2 supervisors. Go figure. I guess it's time to
> switch to a better carrier that knows what the heck they're doing.
>
> Thanks again,
> Waldo
>
> On Aug 19, 2005, at 5:35 PM, dbruce wrote:
>
>> Hmm... I missed what Kevin and Jeremy caught...
>>
>> But... you did mention TE410P and T1 circuit from the provider...
>>
>> So, what exactly is between the TE410P and the T1 circuit... As you
>> have it
>> configured, it should not work at all....
>>
>> If the far end switch is a DMS100 you should have signalling=pri_cpe.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Derek

>>> exten => _NXXNXXXXXX,2,SetCallerID(2125551234)
>>> exten => _NXXNXXXXXX,3,Dial(${TRUNK_LO}/${EXTEN})
>>>
>>> zapata.conf
>>>
>>> [channels]
>>> usecallerid=yes
>>> cidsignalling=bell