[Asterisk-Users] Overriding Caller ID

Jeremy Gault jgault at winworld.cc
Fri Aug 19 14:15:30 MST 2005

I may be wrong here, so if anyone else here knows contrary, please feel
free to jump in and correct me.  ::dons his asbestos armor::

When we first deployed * we were coming from an analog channel bank
setup (hooked into our old PBX as analog lines.)  I was able to connect
* to the T1 and use E&M Wink signaling to make things work.  However, we
couldn't control our caller ID.  The number that appeared would depend
on which channel the call took.

Not long thereafter, we migrated to a PRI.  Once we were on the PRI, we
were able to have control of the CID.

As far as I know, you can't control your outbound CID on a T1 setup the
way yours is.  You probably need to switch to a PRI instead if you want
this ability.  But again, that's based on my knowledge and experience,
so I could be wrong.  If so, hopefully someone else here will clear it
up for both of us.

          Jeremy