[Asterisk-Users] Overriding Caller ID

Waldo Rubinstein waldo at trianet.net
Fri Aug 19 13:51:22 MST 2005

Hello list,

We have some kind of a problem with our Asterisk installation. We
want to be able to publish different caller id when placing outbound
calls through the PSTN. We have Asterisk with TE410P and T1 from FDN
Communications. The problem is that all our outbound calls show our
main number, regardless of what we set with SetCallerID, even using
CallingPres with all possible combinations. When speaking with FDN,
they say they have set their T1 to show our main number for outbound
calls, but that we should be able to override that with no problem.

As I said, I have tried all possible combinations, yet, nothing seems
to work. Below are snippets of some of our configs:

extensions.conf

;
; Local calls
;
exten => _NXXNXXXXXX,1,CallingPres(32)
exten => _NXXNXXXXXX,2,SetCallerID(2125551234)
exten => _NXXNXXXXXX,3,Dial(${TRUNK_LO}/${EXTEN})

zapata.conf

[channels]
usecallerid=yes
cidsignalling=bell