[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk and Vonage - Can't call out but can receive calls

Brian Deep bdeep at cc-sw.com
Fri Aug 19 12:27:47 MST 2005

Hi,

I'm trying to get Asterisk to connect to Vonage (softphone acct) to allow me to place and receive
calls.  I have successfully configured Asterisk to route inbound calls and send
them to the correct extension, but I can't get outbound calls to work.  I have
Asterisk successfully registering with Vonage, but when an INVITE is sent out, I
get a "404 Not Found" back from Vonage and thus Asterisk shows

    "SIP/atlas-east.vonage.net is circuit-busy"

Below are my sip.conf and extensions.conf files that I am using.  I saw several other sample configuration
files that claimed connectivity to Vonage, but I have not been able to get them
to work.  My Asterisk server is behind a NAT firewall.
The files below are the closest I have gotten to complete connectivity.  Any feedback is appreciated!

One note:
I was able to receive calls only if I used atlas-east as the Vonage server.  If
I used sphone.vopr.vonage.net, no calls came in.

sip.conf:
[general]
externip=X.X.X.X
port=5060