[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk not conforming to the RFC?/Aastra phone delay issue

Franklin Webb fwebb at imminc.com
Fri Aug 19 11:49:52 MST 2005

Fellow list members,

I have run into an issue where I encounter a delay at the beginning of a
phone conversation when I make outgoing calls through Asterisk with an
Aastra 9133i hardphone.  This is most noticable when I call a voicemail
system with the Aasta and then with a land line or other VoIP phone.
The first word or two of the voicemail message is generally cut off.

According to Aastra's engineering this is because Asterisk does not
confromt o the RFC, setting FTP voice stream before getting the ACK.
They have not seen this with other call servers besides Asterisk.

Has anyone else seen this sort of behaviour or is aware of this?

Right now we are in the process of switching over the business edition,
and we are wondering if we will see a difference in this problem.

Thanks,

Franklin Webb