[Asterisk-Users] Persistent variables disappear when dialingLocal extension

Falck Kenneth kennu at swelcom.fi
Fri Aug 19 07:42:26 MST 2005

Kevin P. Fleming wrote:
> Falck Kenneth wrote:
> > My persistent variables (_XXX or __XXX) don't persist when I dial a
> > Local extension. I'm doing a forked dial where the other channel is
> > SIP and the other Local. Is this a known problem? Using Asterisk
1.0.9.

> Variable inheritance is a CVS HEAD feature, it is not
> supported in 1.0.x.

Thanks, I was misguided by
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+Variables which didn't mention
this.

I guess there is no way to achieve what I want to do with the stable
version? I.e. pass call-specific variables when dialling through a Local
channel. Now I can only see the original Caller ID and the destination
extension, but not the "other" destination extension of the forked call,
which might suffice for my purposes.

--
Kenneth Falck, SWelcom Oy, Ludviginkatu 6-8, 00130 Helsinki, Finland
Private: kennu at iki.fi  Business: kennu at swelcom.fi  GSM: +358405103121