[Asterisk-Users] Newbie Trying to make 'catch all extension' but is catching voicemail exit!

Benjamin Lawetz blawetz at teliphone.ca
Fri Aug 19 05:47:05 MST 2005

> The catch all extension I use is _. (match everything).

That's a nono, but that is not the problem :-)

> and also tried _X. (match any numeric) don't match special extensions.

Much better!

>From voip-info.org on the "cmd VoiceMail" page:

If, during the recording the caller presses:
 '#' - or the defined silence limit is exceeded, recording is stopped and
the call continues at priority n+1.

So when the user presses "#" it tries to find a match of 4102,3
It searches through you're whole dialplan and gets no pattern that matches
4102,3 except for the last thing _X.,3 which matches, therefore it continues
on there. The best thing, as you mentionned is to add the 4102,3 and do what
needs to be done.