[Asterisk-Users] Optimum online-upload throttling confirmed.

gw at adcomcorp.com gw at adcomcorp.com
Fri Aug 19 02:41:02 MST 2005

Been there, done that...

I was talking to a high level tech for an hour...

Basically, they calculate the need for throttle based on the length of
time a modem is busy, not the amount of data that is transferred.

So for example, asterisk not involved, If I view an axis camera feed
remotely, after about 2 minutes the entire network lags.  Even though
it's only going 10-20k/second, it's the constant traffic that does it.

It's a cable thing, probably since they have so many modems up on their
nodes now... A year ago the node was nice and empty...

Regards,
Greg