[Asterisk-Users] sccp help

stevanus step-one-too at bdg.centrin.net.id
Fri Aug 19 00:04:57 MST 2005

Hi,

I tried to connect cisco 7910 into asterisk system using chan_sccp.so.
But I got a major issue :
- when I called from 7910 to another sip phone in the same asterisk
server, the call took place normally.
- when I called from 7910 to another sip phone in different asterisk
server, the call is answered but I cannot hear nor say anything. The
phone just immediately lose its tone.
- when I got a call from another sip phone in the same asterisk server,
the phone rang. But after I picked the handset, there were no tone at all..

sccp debug on CLI produced the following messages:

SCCP: Alarm Message: Severity: Major (7), 29: DSP Keepalive Timeout
[0x5, 0xa, 0x8, 0x2](5) [21/1090360010]

I've tried different versions of chan_sccp, yet the result were still
the same.
Is it time for me to dump this cisco phone to the garbage can ? (I hope not)

Anybody had experienced similar issues?
Any suggestion will be greatly appreciated..
Thanks

Best Regards,

Stevanus