[Asterisk-Users] Optimum online-upload throttling confirmed.

gw at adcomcorp.com gw at adcomcorp.com
Thu Aug 18 18:08:16 MST 2005

Hello All,
I was recently fighting with an optimum online connection in NY.

I finally got in touch with someone that confirmed they are throttling
my upload connection.

I just wanted to make everyone aware of it, so if you have problems if
your ping times jump erratically, this could be the cause.

Their suggestions were, although you can upload a lot, do not do it
constantly.  They do not want any constant outgoing connections.

Even on business class, they do throttle.  All business class primarily
does is allow port 25 to pass.

Now I am going to look and see if I can get a decent upload speed dsl or
something to correct this problem.

Regards,
Greg