[Asterisk-Users] libpri mwi functionality?

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Thu Aug 18 17:08:46 MST 2005

On Thursday 18 August 2005 18:15, Gary Reuter wrote:
> I really am not very familiar with the Norstar family of PBXs....
> I've managed to reprogram it for DIDs to each extension, OLI, and will
> risk minor changes to the call-routing, all to get nice integration
> with Asterisk.

the MICS has limitations to the number of DID->extension mappings (I think
it's in the range of the 30s).  OLI was easy and I use that to track who is
calling where, but it does no good for telling me where an incoming call
ended up.  :-)

> All I know for sure is what I've read in the Norstar Installer and
> Coordinator manuals, but that along with some forum posts on
> tek-tips.com lead me to believe it might work without the need for any
> extra equipment for my MICS.

I've read the same posts and have come to a different conclusion.  I have my
own MICS extension going to * voicemail but the MWI doesn't work (I haven't
spent a lot of time trying either though) -- I can make it light up with an
ATA2 and some hookflash magic but I'm trying to keep it all with the single
PRI instead of hte PRI + channel bank or TDM card (or Sipura) just to get the
MWI to work.  :-)

-A.